Are you interested in working with Truthdig? We’re a small, fun team of eager beavers!
Truthdig (www.truthdig.com) is a daily, progressive online journal of news and opinion based on the Westside of Los Angeles. The site has won a number of major journalism awards, including five Webby awards.
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Truthdig is looking for a seasoned social media coordinator to join the Truthdig team. This person will work with our editorial staff to publish and distribute stories and schedule posts.
Applicants must be creative, have a demonstrated understanding of social media tools and channels, and be well versed in news and progressive politics.
Produce and deliver original social media content for usage across Truthdig’s social media platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and curate original and interactive content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and more.
- Help manage Truthdig ‘s social channels and community – including responding to and engaging with users on social networks.
- Interact with like-minded publications.
- Excellent, sharp, witty and fresh writing/editorial skills.
- Collaborate with Truthdig editors and writers to create content for social media that is consistent with Truthdig’s tone and voice.
- Mastery of video production and editing.
- Graphic design expertise.
- Ability to create GIFs and memes.
- Use tools such as TweetDeck to ensure a consistent and cohesive social presence.
- Help develop key social media strategies, processes and campaigns.
- Identify key performance indicators and track, measure and report success of social initiatives.
- Organize posting schedules for social media.
- Cover live events.
- Organized and proficient with general administrative tasks.
- Identify and experiment with emerging technologies.
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to trends and opportunities.
- Personable and outgoing.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line.