Online advertising and online sponsorships are available on Truthdig.
Launched in November 2005, Truthdig is a Web magazine that provides expert coverage of current affairs as well as a variety of thoughtful, provocative content assembled from a progressive point of view.
Truthdig provides a refreshing way of searching for the truth, featuring original reporting and commentary by some of the most influential journalists and authors of our time. The site seeks to challenge conventional wisdom by “drilling beneath the headlines” with a wide range of material, including extensive “digs”, reports, interviews, columns, videos and political cartoons.
Co-founded and edited by Robert Scheer, celebrated author, newspaper reporter, and columnist with the San Francisco Chronicle, as well as the “left” on public radio’s Left, Right & Center, Truthdig won the 2013 Webby Award for Best Political Website, and was named best website in 2011 by the Los Angeles Press Club’s Southern California Journalism Awards. Other core Truthdig team members include Zuade Kaufman, publisher, and Kasia Anderson, deputy editor.
WHY ADVERTISE WITH TRUTHDIG?
Average Over 1,000,000 Unique Visitors Per Month
- 2.3 million unique page views in January 2017, according to Google Analytics
- Truthdig’s audience is loyal to the site, with 84% visiting at least once a week and 67% visiting several times a week
Truthdig’s readers are affluent and well educated*
- 70% of visitors are college graduates, with 40% holding a graduate degree
- Median income is between $50,000 and $75,000 — higher than the national U.S. average of $55,775 (2016, U.S. Census Bureau)
- 64% classify themselves as progressive-minded
Truthdig’s readers are active consumers
- 50% purchased something online in the last month
- Books, airline tickets, clothing, apps, computer hardware or software, and E-books are the most popular items
- Truthdig consistently reaches top U.S. urban markets: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Portland, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, Houston, Denver
Truthdig’s readers are politically active — and vote*
- 80% said they planned to vote in the 2016 presidential election
- Approximately two-thirds have donated money to a non-profit or written online letters to representatives
HOW TO PLACE AN AD WITH TRUTHDIG
To place Banner ads or other ads, or to learn about special long-term sponsorship packages, please contact email@example.com or call 310-876-2344.
To pay for an ad now, click here:
SPECIFICATIONS FOR BANNER AND TILE ADS
Submit in HTML format. Contact Truthdig at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ad Size||1 week||2 weeks||1 month||3 months|
|Banner: Leaderboard (970 X 90)||$1,840.00||$3,490.00||$6,250.00||$18,745.00|
|Banner: Top Banner (728 X 90)||$1,315.00||$2,495.00||$4,725.00||$13,390.00|
|Banner: Bottom Banner (728 X 90)||$1,240.00||$2,350.00||$4,210.00||$12,635.00|
|Tile: Hi-Rise* (300 X 600)||$1,155.00||$2,195.00||$3,925.00||$11,780.00|
|Tile: Standard (300 X 400)||$420.00||$800.00||$1,430.00||$4,285.00|
|Tile: Wide (300 X 250)||$210.00||$400.00||$715.00||$2,140.00|
Prices are for jpg/gif ads; prices vary for flash/video ads. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Online sponsorships of specific sections of Truthdig are available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-876-2344 for more information.
GENERAL ADVERTISING CONTENT GUIDELINES
All online advertising content, including content running through third-party code, must meet standards set by Truthdig. Content of online advertising may be returned for revision or be rejected outright if it:
- Contains fraudulent, deceptive or misleading statements or illustrations.
- Contains attacks of a personal nature.
- Is abusive to the goods or services of others.
- Is offensive to good taste.
- Constitutes a discrimination advertisement that fails to comply with the expressed requirements of federal and state laws.
- Promotes investments or presents advertisements that do not comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Constitutes a political advertisement that does not identify the paid sponsor in every frame of the ad.
- Truthdig does not endorse companies or products. Advertising revenue supports Truthdig’s mission.