Submit a poem
Truthdig is accepting submissions for our poetry section. We are looking for fresh, original poetry that speaks to current events. We look forward to reading your work.
- By submitting your work, you are acknowledging that you agree to all of the following Terms and Conditions should we select to use your work for our publication.
Truthdig accepts only electronic submissions, which can be sent through this page or by email to [email protected] If submitting by email, send your work in .doc or .pdf formats with Poetry Submission and your name in the subject line. Please send a short bio with your work.
- We’re interested in poems, of any length and style, which speak to current events and respond to the following subjects: Politics, current events, social issues, race, prisoners’ rights, war, LGBT rights, worker’s rights, environment, crime, economy, civil rights, women’s rights, education or activism.
- We consider one submission, consisting of up to five poems total, at a time.
- Simultaneous submissions will be accepted but please notify our poetry editor at [email protected] immediately if your poem is being published elsewhere.
- Truthdig accepts only original, unpublished poems.
- Poets will receive a $75 honorarium per poem published.
- Upon acceptance, the poet will grant Truthdig the license to exclusively publish the poem for 90 days, after which the poem will remain archived on the Truthdig web site.
- If after your poem(s) are published on Truthdig, you wish to publish it elsewhere, the standard acknowledgment (including a hyperlink on online publications) must be included.
- Truthdig may use the poet’s name, approved likeness, approved image and approved bio data for advertising and promotion of Truthdig. We will credit the poet wherever we reference and publish the poem.