Truthdig Nominated for 11 Awards by the LA Press ClubAfter a successful relaunch in November, Truthdig has been recognized with 11 nominations for work published in 2022 at the 65th Annual SoCal Journalism Awards.
In November 2022, Truthdig relaunched, and we’re committed more than ever to bringing you hard-hitting journalism and incisive commentary on the most important issues of our time: the climate crisis, increasing wealth and income inequality, life in a global society, policing and criminal justice, reproductive choice, gender issues, trans rights, education — issues that shape the 21st century.
The LA Press Club has announced their finalists for the 65th annual SoCal Journalism Awards and we’re well represented, with 11 nominations for work published in 2022:
- Journalist of the Year – Online Journalist – Bill Blum, Truthdig
- Print/Online Editorials – Martina Moneke & Bill Blum, “Election Editorials at Truthdig”
- Print/Online Immigration Reporting – Dawn Paley, “Mexico’s War Against Migrants,” Truthdig
- Print/Online Gender and Society – Kamin Mohammadi, “Woman, Life, Freedom,” Truthdig
- Art/Photography Photo Essay Culture/Entertainment – Paul von Blum, “Where Gentrification Meets Joyful Resistance,” Truthdig
- Art/Photography Photo Essay News/News Feature – Neil Brandvold, “El Salvador Under the Gun,” Truthdig
- Online Pandemic Reporting – Michael Balter, “The Politicized Virus,” Truthdig
- Online Soft News Feature – Eileen Cronin & Ania Lakritz, “Unhoused and Disabled in America,” Truthdig
- Foreign Correspondents News – Zubeida Mustafa, “Karachi Dispatch: After the Deluge,” Truthdig
- Foreign Correspondents News – Dawn Paley, “ Mexico’s War Against Migrants,” Truthdig
- Foreign Correspondents Columnist or Critic – Kamin Mohammadi, “Woman, Life, Freedom,” Truthdig
Being nominated by our peers is an honor. (Yes, it will be even better to win!) Please wish our great journalists and photojournalists luck!Wait, before you go…
If you're reading this, you probably already know that non-profit, independent journalism is under threat worldwide. Independent news sites are overshadowed by larger heavily funded mainstream media that inundate us with hype and noise that barely scratch the surface. We believe that our readers deserve to know the full story. Truthdig writers bravely dig beneath the headlines to give you thought-provoking, investigative reporting and analysis that tells you what’s really happening and who’s rolling up their sleeves to do something about it.
Like you, we believe a well-informed public that doesn’t have blind faith in the status quo can help change the world. Your contribution of as little as $5 monthly or $35 annually will make you a groundbreaking member and lays the foundation of our work.Support Truthdig
There are currently no responses to this article.
Be the first to respond.