Anders Breivik, the Norwegian man who killed a combined 76 people in the heart of Oslo and on the island of Utoeya last week, told a judge Monday that “two more cells” belonging to his supposed terrorist organization are at large. Police have not decided whether he acted alone or in concert with others. An assortment of information, including a 12-minute slide show and a 1,500-page manifesto connected to Breivik, has surfaced on the Internet since Friday’s shooting. –ARK

The Independent:

Anders Behring Breivik told a Norwegian judge today his bombing and shooting rampage that killed scores aimed to save Europe from a Muslim takeover, and said that “two more cells” existed in his organisation.

… The killer has previously said he acted alone and police had earlier said they were trying to confirm this.

But after Breivik’s claim about other cells, police attorney Christian Hatlo said “we cannot completely rule out” the possibility that others were involved in Friday’s attacks.

Read more

Wait, before you go…

If you're reading this, you probably already know that non-profit, independent journalism is under threat worldwide. Independent news sites are overshadowed by larger heavily funded mainstream media that inundate us with hype and noise that barely scratch the surface.  We believe that our readers deserve to know the full story. Truthdig writers bravely dig beneath the headlines to give you thought-provoking, investigative reporting and analysis that tells you what’s really happening and who’s rolling up their sleeves to do something about it.

Like you, we believe a well-informed public that doesn’t have blind faith in the status quo can help change the world. Your contribution of as little as $5 monthly or $35 annually will make you a groundbreaking member and lays the foundation of our work.

Support Truthdig