Occupy Jingle Bells
Onto the marches we go, chanting all the way! This season, don’t look to bells on bobtails to make your spirits bright. Kindle the mood with dreams and songs of Occupation, sung to the tune of “Jingle Bells.”
Occupy, occupy Occupy away Oh what joy it is to know That we will have our say Occupy, occupy Occupy away Oh what joy it is to know That we will have our day
1. Started with a few Camping in the square Saying we got screwed We’re here to claim our share
2. Zuccotti was the first Soon cities everywhere Had occupations call For justice and what’s fair
3. No more corporate rule Of government and press Our kids in jails or lured to war For profits in their nests
4. Evicted from our homes Sold a pack of lies Occupying foreign lands Bombs raining in their skies
5. With mortgages banks preyed Worthless papers all They bundled, sold, and then they bet That everything would fall
6. Folks working sixty years Saving for the time When they can take a rest from toil Now no one has a dime
7. We’re marching on the banks We’re taking back our homes Claiming rights to school and health To truth, our dreams and poemsWAIT, BEFORE YOU GO…
If you're reading this, you probably already know that non-profit, independent journalism is under threat worldwide. Independent news sites are overshadowed by larger heavily funded mainstream media that inundate us with hype and noise that barely scratch the surface. We believe that our readers deserve to know the full story. Truthdig writers bravely dig beneath the headlines to give you thought-provoking, investigative reporting and analysis that tells you what’s really happening and who’s rolling up their sleeves to do something about it.
Like you, we believe a well-informed public that doesn’t have blind faith in the status quo can help change the world. Your contribution of as little as $5 monthly or $35 annually will make you a groundbreaking member and lays the foundation of our work.