The internationally renowned diplomat, peace activist and Democratic Party salon ringmaster is urging people to support Marcy Winograd, a peace candidate running against Jane Harman in California’s 36th Congressional District.
I am writing this letter on behalf of my friend Marcy Winograd, a peace candidate running to replace Jane Harman in California’s 36th congressional district—a safe blue Democratic district where Dems outnumber Republicans by 40,000 votes. The vote is June 6th.
With the election only a week away, we need to give Marcy whatever financial support we can afford. The maximum is $2,100 for a primary—To donate, visit: winogradforcongress.com and click on “contribute” or mail checks payable to Winograd for Congress 2006 and send to: Winograd for Congress, 578 Washington Blvd., Marina del Rey, CA 90292.
Marcy can win this race for progressives, for those of us who are sick and tired of the war in Iraq and want to bring the troops home. Marcy will vote to end the occupation, to stop the next war, and to redirect the war-billions into universal single-payer health care, quality education and environmental protection.
For those not familiar with Harman’s voting record, take a look.
* Voted for the Patriot Act (HR3162 - 10/24/01);
* Voted for Patriot Act Renewal (HR3199 - 7/21/05);
* Voted again for Patriot Act re-Renewal (HR4659 - 5/7/06);
* Voted to keep the Guantanamo Prisons (HR2601 - 7/20/05);
* Voted against Dennis Kucinich?s No Nukes in Space measure (HR2601- 7/20/05);
* Voted for Iraq War Authorization (HJ Res. 114 - 10/10/02), giving George Bush dictatorial powers literally against the Constitution (What should we call that? I?m sure there?s a legal term);
* Voted to oppose support for an International Criminal Court (HR4546 -5/10/02);
* Voted to oppose UN inspections/negotiations to avoid the Iraq War (HJ Res. 114 - 10/10/02);
* Voted to oppose a block to funding for new nuclear weapons (HR4546 - 5/9/02);
* Supported all kinds of votes to restrain and eradicate due process;
* Kept silent for a year-and-a-half while briefed on Bush’s massive illegal warrantless wiretaps, then went on television to “deplore” those who had revealed the truth.
Enough said. Please support Marcy Winograd in the final hours of the campaign. A victory for Winograd will reverberate across the nation.
Stanley K. Sheinbaum