Teens Will ‘Huff’ Anything These Days
Posted on Jul 28, 2006
Two teenagers in France fell ill after sniffing mothballs as a recreational drug. One developed scaly skin on her legs and hands.
Developed scaly skin after a close encounter with an insect? Sounds like Jeff Goldblum’s transformation in “The Fly.”
Doctors have warned teenagers about the dangers of sniffing mothballs after two teenagers fell ill through the habit.
An 18-year-old French girl had to be hospitalised when she developed scaly skin on her legs and hands, unsteadiness and mental sluggishness.
Medics were initially puzzled, especially as her twin sister displayed similar, but milder, symptoms.
But the New England Journal of Medicine reports that days later, it was found the mothballs were to blame.
From the BBC
Don’t huff these at home.