Winner 2013 Webby Awards for Best Political Website
Top Banner, Site wide
Apr 17, 2014

 Choose a size
Text Size

Top Leaderboard, Site wide

Star-Spangled Baggage
Science Finds New Routes to Energy




Paul Robeson: A Life


Truthdig Bazaar
Freedom: A Novel

Freedom: A Novel

By Jonathan Franzen
$14.00

more items

 
Ear to the Ground

Israel’s Gaza Inquiry Finds Israel Innocent

Email this item Email    Print this item Print    Share this item... Share

Posted on Mar 30, 2009
IDF

The Israeli military has exonerated itself after investigating the recent comments of soldiers who alleged abuses in Gaza. The military said in a statement that the accounts, which described the casual shooting of women and children, were “based on hearsay and not supported by facts.” Nine Israeli human rights groups have called for an independent investigation.

The Israeli military also cleared itself of any wrongdoing in the use of white phosphorous munitions, which are prohibited in densely populated civilian areas such as Gaza.

New York Times:

JERUSALEM — The Israeli military said Monday that its advocate general had decided to close an investigation into allegations of abuses by soldiers during the recent campaign in Gaza. The allegations arose from the accounts of soldiers at a conference of graduates of a premilitary course at an academic college in northern Israel.

The military police found that “the crucial components of their descriptions were based on hearsay and not supported by specific personal knowledge,” the army said in a statement.

Read more

More Below the Ad

Advertisement

Square, Site wide

New and Improved Comments

If you have trouble leaving a comment, review this help page. Still having problems? Let us know. If you find yourself moderated, take a moment to review our comment policy.

By Sepharad, April 6, 2009 at 9:56 pm Link to this comment

Fadel—Most Israelis would probably welcome any outside intervention to get rid of the orthodox “Jewish Taliban” influences. I wish we could put religious extremists of every sort into an arena and let them fight until they dropped dead, while the sane people started working on compromises leading to peaceful coexistence.

Report this

By Fadel Abdallah, April 5, 2009 at 7:48 am Link to this comment

By Fadel Abdallah, April 5 at 10:41 am #

At a time when the most so-called conservatives, like King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, had his wife accompany him to the G-20 Summit in London, and was photographed publicly with the other spouses of attendees, in Israel women were photoshopped Out Of Israeli Cabinet Picture to Please Ultra-Orthodox. Isn’t it time for the US to declare a war on Israel under the pretext of liberating it from the Jewish Taliban.?!
=================================
JERUSALEM — Two women serve in Israel’s new Cabinet, but some Israelis would rather not see them.

Newspapers aimed at ultra-Orthodox Jewish readers tampered with the inaugural photograph of the Cabinet, erasing ministers Limor Livnat and Sofa Landver.

Ultra-Orthodox newspapers consider it immodest to print images of women.

The daily Yated Neeman digitally changed the photo, moving two male ministers into the places formerly occupied by the women.

The weekly Shaa Tova simply blacked the women out, in a photo reprinted Friday by the mainstream daily Maariv.

No response was available from the two papers.

During the election, campaign posters featuring female candidate Tzipi Livni were defaced near ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods.


Jewish Talibani Neighborhood:  http://atheism.about.com/b/2008/09/17/jewish-taliban-u ltra-orthodox-vigilantes-in-jerusalem.htm

A Religious War in Israel’s Army : http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/22/weekinreview/22BRONN ER.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Report this

By Sepharad, April 4, 2009 at 11:41 pm Link to this comment

Brooks, I was the one who told Folktruther that I believed the Israeli army is the most moral army in the world—where else do soldiers refuse duty because it is against their principles (i.e., serving in the territories)? However the religious element that became part of the Gaza invasion was wrong and must be rooted out quickly. (Actually, the fact that it was IDF soldiers who blew the whistle reinforces my respect for the IDF as a whole.)

You are right—this is a pro-Palestinian blog but you have to realize that it reflects many so-called progressives/liberals. The reason I post on it is that I am progressive/liberal and there are many other subjects of interest to me. But I’m also a secular left-wing zionist, I care very much about Israel’s survival, and I believe that is only possible if the Palestinians have a state and a decent life, good education and jobs for their children—the only antidotes for religious extremism and terrorism. People who have good lives do not become terrorists. The part of my family who live in Israel (earliest arrival was in 1828) also have lifelong Arab friends in Israel and the West Bank, and I tend to see things the way they do.

If you are looking for pro-Israeli blogs, there is thezword, and I’m sure if you google “pro-Israeli blogs and websites” something would come up. One site I visit regularly and do some work for is Honest Reporting, which monitors inaccurate media reporting re Palestinian-Israeli issues, contact media for retractions and corrections, and often get it from everyone from BBC to Reuters. (Major media outlets such as these have a reputation to maintain and usually, if error or bias is reported, they do their own investigation of it and respond if the criticism is correct.) There are side-ads on Honest Reporting to click on such as BackSpin where you’ll find lists of blogs. I’ve checked some of them out and many, though not all, are like TruthDig—heavily weighted in favor of Israel as opposed to Arabs. If you want leftwing pro-Israel stuff, you can start at MeretzUSA site and find some but it also stresses justice for the Palestinians.

By the way, my opinion on this current thread is that the Israeli government, not the IDF, should conduct independent investigations of the Gaza allegations jointly with a human rights’ group such as B’tsalem or HRO.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 2, 2009 at 3:18 pm Link to this comment

Hey Beer Doctor - That site is under construction. The only link that was working was an Israel Gov. link
http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 2, 2009 at 2:20 pm Link to this comment

Thanks beerdoctor.
Folktruther - Do you know what a Zionist is? Look it up. Where did I say Israel or its Army is moral? Hmmm. I didnt. Try reading before speaking. In fact never speak. Do not type either. You only hurt any cause you are for. For you the best strategy is to let others type.

Report this

By Folktruther, April 2, 2009 at 11:13 am Link to this comment

Debate with Zionist lemmings like Brooks or Howard is a waste of time.  They believe or pretend to believe in the Sacred Cliches of Zionism.  Such as ‘the Israeli army is the most moral army in the world.’ 

this was stated by Sepharad AFTER the slaughter and mutalation of the Gaza population.  She is a professional journalist who is engaged in damage control.  And consequently, although she will defend Israel no matter what it does, being a Zionist fanatic, she is different, and more effective,  from the Zionist lemmings, who actually believe some of wht they say. 

They are not amenable to reason and the reality-bsed truth.  They have to be irrational because Isreal’s historical strategy of ethnic cleansing, war, and communal robbery is historically self defeating.  They simply deny reality, just as the Israeli army does when it massacres.  This Israeli policy has no future, so their only defense is to deny the present.
To deny present sluaghter as they deny future slaughter.
Israeli strategy is a death strategy.  It inflicts death not only on the Palestinians and neighboring countries, but in the near historical future on themselves as well. The current right wing government is a death government; it’s aim is to continue ethnic cleansing for as long as it can until Israel is destroyed.

This death strategy has been mytholigized in the right wing Christian Zionism of the right wing religious loonies like Trith. The endtime slaughter will usher in the Messiah.  What it really will usher in is death.  And to avoid seeing or thinking about it, the Israeli army pretends that it commits no war crimes, in conflict with the obvious abundant evidence.

Report this
thebeerdoctor's avatar

By thebeerdoctor, April 2, 2009 at 4:48 am Link to this comment

re: Brooks

Here you go buddy, have a good time:
http://www.pro-israel.org/

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 2, 2009 at 3:42 am Link to this comment

Shingo - This is a Pro- Palestinian Blog. I surf the net at random. I have not seen any blog that looks at it the way I do. If you know of Pro - Israelis sites list them. I would be interested in their side. I have gone to almost every link listed in comments on 4 articles. I have noticed a lot of those I have wanted to comment on do not accept comments. I emailed them. I commented on a blog. Said nothing vulgar, I just disagreed with their view. Gave my view. They would not post it. I am not a lemming. I freely think for myself. That link does not want any thoughts other than like minded ones.

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 8:29 pm Link to this comment

Brooks,

Somehow I doubt you spend much time championing the Palestinian cause on pro Israeli blogs, so with all due respect, I don’t buy that you “just tire of one sided, everybody bash who ever” excuse. By it’s actions, Israel have attracted scrutiny.  When it’s own soldiers say they have witnessed war crimes, and the government trivializes it a hearsay, you know there is something rotten in Tel Aviv.  Of course, no one expected this inquiry to come up with a different conclusion.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 7:48 pm Link to this comment

Fadel Abdallah - You throw Zionist around so loosely, I think you never knew the meaning. Really quit using it.

You do not debate. You are the propaganda machine. Your mind is made up, you bring nothing, you listen to nothing. You come from a conclusion. Then make up distorted facts to fit your conclusion. I discuss things all time with people like you.

To win, why don’t you just say. “I win, because I say so.” Then we would all think your anti-zionist blurbs would be funny.

Try reading/comprehending what I have wrote. Then comment. I have a snickers bar, since I will be here patiently waiting. ( That is a US commercial humor )

Report this

By Fadel Abdallah, April 1, 2009 at 7:36 pm Link to this comment

By Brooks, April 1 at 8:11 pm #

I just tire of one sided, everybody bash who ever. This week I started commenting, after articles of comments all anti-israel. I decided it was time another opinion was needed. At least people can think about the other sides issues that got them here.

In a day I will probably be debating religious nuts.
==============================
You’re no legitimate debater of any stature, Brooks! You’re obviously and only the latest evil Zionist propagandist, full of crap and bullshit and defending fascism and terrorism at the state level of your darling Israel. If you’re not already one of them, why don’t you go and join the fucken bloody army of Israeli terrorists so you, per chance, get what you deserve at the hands of the Palestinian freedom fighters doing their legitimate struggle to liberate their land from the filth and scum called Israel!

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 5:11 pm Link to this comment

I just tire of one sided, everybody bash who ever. This week I started commenting, after articles of comments all anti-israel. I decided it was time another opinion was needed. At least people can think about the other sides issues that got them here.

In a day I will probably be debating religious nuts.

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 4:53 pm Link to this comment

Brooks,

Underneath the tirade of your first post, there lies a sensible and intelligent individual who is clearly capable of intelligent debate.

I know this is an emotive issue, but launching into a discussion with a barrage of ad hominems and simplistic jingoism isn’t going to convince anyone of your argument.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 4:49 pm Link to this comment

Those 6 were not civilians. That is no comic. I did not say they fired rockets in July. Did I? No. When they started they wouldn’t stop. Even when Israel was in Gaza. Is that difficult to understand? Can you catch up yet? Do you know what a Zionist is? Then why do you call me one? You obviously do not. Stop using that word.

Hamas does not do the right things for Palestine, smuggling arms, building rockets, planting bombs, kidnapping anyone. They should be smuggling food, and items to help the population. They are not smuggling food.

Really do not bring up Jimmy carter. He is laughably respected now. I do not know why. He was a horribly weak President that got absolutely no respect from the world while in office. He is a joke, that should go away. If he wanted to be a good President, he should have tried while in office.

I am not bringing up any holocaust reference, you do.
it does not affect me at all. It must you, because why bring it up. At least stick to what
i say.

You can not have a 2 state solution with Hamas if they wont acknowledge Israels right to exist.

Hamas only wanted cease fire to reload, I am not saying it was right. Since Israel was already in Gaza, they wanted to cripple the Hamas organization.

I am not saying Israel is pathologically violent, you are. I said you knew Israel would respond, all countries on this planet would respond. Simple enough for you?

I am not worried about Israel either. you are funny. The middle east is the one who should worry. The UN is affraid of Hamas, you think they will intervene against Israel? Are you kidding?

I am talking common sense. Something missing in the middle east, Arab nations, Muslim world. They could try playing nice with their Big 4th most powerful army nation in the neighborhood, except they always prefer to get their noses bloodied.

Look how much propaganda you throw. I listen to the news, read on the internet, and can think for myself. You obviously can not.

What country are you from?

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 3:52 pm Link to this comment

Also Israel is not doing everything right. They are choosing to squeeze a territory into behaving. That is not a great choice. Can they make better choices? Yes. I am not shilling for Israel. I am being objective which is more than this lot of commenters can say.

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 3:45 pm Link to this comment

Brooks,

You are a deluded Zionist hack who’s idea about how the world works comes from a comic book where the word is made up of good guys and bad guys.  You have produced not one scarp of evidence, not links or references to back up your arguments, because they are based on propaganda.

Need I remind you that it was you who said Hamas were firing rockets the whole time, when even Israel’s government spokesman disagrees with you?

Israelis attacked Gaza on November the 4th, killing 6 Palestinians.  Of course, you will call them terrorists, because in your Zionists mind, anyone on Gaza is a terrorist.

Let me tell you about Hamas. 

They supports a 2 state solution.  Israel’s government does not.

They have supported the Arab Peace Initiative, which offers to recognize Israel as per the 1967 borders.  Israel has rejected it.

They observed all the conditions of the ceasefire between July and November 4th 2008.  Israel broke the ceasefire on the 4th of November.

They tried to have the ceasefire extended in December as per the July 2008 terms, and Israel rejected the offer.

That is what hamas have done for the people of Gaza.  Explain to me is what way has Hamas not been adult enough to go to work, do the right things for Palestine?
Israel crossed the line this time and the world has lost it’s patience with Israel.  The lies are no longer working.  The claim that Israel is only defending itself is no longer working. The victim hood and referral to the Holocaust at the drop of a hat is no longer working. The propaganda and revisionism from the likes of you is no longer working.

>> I am saying you know Israel will respond. Right? How would you have proceeded?

I see.  So your argument is because Israel is pathological and violent, Hamas should just take it on the chin and not try to upset the very people who are killing and oppressing them?  How is that going to help the Palestinians?

Hamas lost 6 Palestinian citizens. You don;t know who they are.  You just assume that because they are in Gaza, they are losers, criminals and terrorists.  You sound like a child who is reading from a Spiderman comic book.

That’s the same number of people that Hamas rockets have killed in a dozen years and Israel cried out as thought it were a national tragedy, yet according to you, the Palestinians should just offer eh other cheek and get over it.

The Palestinians have done the right thing and in return they got nothing for it.  My outrage os based on justice.  Israel has killed more than ten times the number of people that Hamas have.  But the right thing starts with observing the law.  Israel stole land and is building on it.  Israel drove 700,000 Arabs from their homes and won’t allow them to return.

Israel is blockading food and aid from getting into Gaza. When Israel was blockaded by Egypt in 1967, they went to war over it, so why should Hamas go to war over being blockaded by Israel?

You tried to deny you were a Zionst chill and a hack, but you are so obvious you don’t even realize it. You know that world opinion has turned against Israel for good and you are panicking.

It’s about time Israel is made to behave like a law abiding nations and not a war obsessed terrorist state. If you wish to remain part of the flat earth society , that is your choice, but don’t complain that no one is buying your BS any longer.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 2:56 pm Link to this comment

Shingo - The Israelis blew up 6 terrorists, not any women or children on Nov. 4th. Wow - you smashed nothing but your own argument. I am thinking you have no idea how the world works.  Your the one sitting back trying to decide good guys and bad guys. I am saying in Hamas’s situation(as an elected government) how should they conduct themselves? What is best for the people? What did they do? How did they make anything better? The only ones that are happy are the ignorant intolerant Israel haters of the world. I am saying you know Israel will respond. Right? How would you have proceeded? Would you be firing rockets at that point? Hamas lost 6 buddies(terrorists) not innocent civilians. You risk your population for 6 losers? Not Maryrs… Losers. Criminals. Terrorists.

Its like this. I went out with a women who was separated from her spouse. One night he saw us and wanted to fight. I left ignoring is comments, and threats. She wanted to know why I didnt pound him. I said why would you want me to risk my job, my life to beat up a little punk? I am a lot bigger a stronger than him. I was not affraid. I was adult enough to think if I do I would be risking more by going to jail. Over nothing. The same here. Who is saying why isnt Hamas adult enough to go to work, do the right things for Palestine? Why dont Palestinians do the right thing? How long before they grow up? Where is the outrage you show toward Israel, for Hamas? They can get food in. If they can get weapons in they can get anything in. No more excuses.

Israel is not perfect, nor are they a monster. How their neighbors act affects them too. When a whole region of Arabs has been out to jihad you, that affects everything. It is about time the Arab/Muslims in the middle east take a break. Get a reality check and grow up.

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 2:34 pm Link to this comment

Brooks,

Correction.  Israel killed 6 Palestinians on Nov 4th. Accordsing to Israel, those 6 Hamas members were   plotting to kidnap Israelis soldiers, but the story is weak and cannto be verified. If the tunnel was going to be used to kidnap Israeli soldiers, Israel could have set a trap on the Israeli side of the border.  They chose not to because the intention was to provoke Hamas into resumingb rocket fire and providing ISrael with an excuse to escalate the conflict.

Jinny Carter said in an intervriew that there were no plans to kidnap Israeli soldiers.

>> When you allow terrorists to grow in open, elect them, enable them, do not cry when war comes knocking.

I agree 100%.  Isrel for example, elected 2 former terroroist leaders, Begin and Shamir and look what’s become of Israel -  a terrorist state.

No there are not 2 sides.  You have one the 4th most powerful mitary pitched against one fo the worlds weakest. 

No there are not 2 sides. ISrale is occupying land that does nto belong to them.  Israel is illegally expandign settlements on land they stole.  Israel controls the air, land and sea access to Gaza and denies Gazans self determination.

>> Please comment on how Hamas smuggles in 100’s of millions in weapons. No food though. Where is the outrage against Hamas?

Irael controls all the borders into Gaza and is blolcing all food shipments into Gaza.  When John Kerry was there recently, he was digusted that Israel were denying the delivery of even basic food items, so yes, Hamas are smuggling food as well as weapons.

The tunnel that Israel bombed on the 4th of November was intended to move food and basic amenities in and out of Gaza.

I woke up long ago Brooks, and as you can see, I am far better informed about this subject than you are.  May I subggest you wake up and become educated, and perhaps you can avoid having your pathetic arguments completely decimated by those are.

If you’re going to shill for Israel, then you need to be better prepared.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 1:49 pm Link to this comment

Israel attack 6 Palestinians on Nov 4th. Those 6 were terrorists plotting to kidnap Israelis soldiers. When you allow terrorists to grow in open, elect them, enable them, do not cry when war comes knocking. Palestinians, Arabs, and middle eastern Muslims cry wolf about how they are so innocent, never bad guys. When are you going to wake up? There are two sides. It is not evil Israel vs the sweet as pie Hamas. Get a grip on your hatred, linking crap to Arab/Muslim sympathetic media/blogs = nothing. Please comment on how Hamas smuggles in 100’s of millions in weapons. No food though. Where is the outrage against Hamas?

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 4:42 am Link to this comment

The Israeli human rights groups B’Tselem, Yesh Din, Physicians for Human Rights and others issued a statement Monday saying “the speedy closing of the investigation immediately raises suspicions that [it] was merely the army’s attempt to wipe its hands of all blame for illegal activity…”

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1075221.html

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 4:38 am Link to this comment

I suggest you make your next post a better effort than your last 2 attempts, or you’re wasting my time.

Don’t work too hard.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 4:23 am Link to this comment

Heh I have to go to work. Write soon.
Love
Brooks

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 4:17 am Link to this comment

Brooks,

Part 1 of 2

>> You obviously feel Hamas did nothing wrong. Hamas launched rockets the whole time.

Rubbish.  Mark Regev, the Israeli spokesman admitted during an interview that Hamas fired ZERO rockets during between July and November 4th of 2008.

Watch it for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6e-elrgYL0

See that Brooks!  That’s what you call proof and I just smashed your pathetic lies ito a million pieces.

Why did Israel go in? Israel attacked Gaza on November 4 (The same day as the US election of course) to provoke a response from Hamas, and it worked.  Until then, the Israeli government MFA report concluded that “Hamas were very careful to observe the ceasefire”.

The longer the ceasefire continued, the greater the danger of Israel being forced to negotiate with Hamas.
And here is the real rub. During the negotiations for the June 2008 ceasefire agreement, Israel promised to lift the blockade of Gaza.  As soon as the ceasefire began, Israel refused to lift it, so Israel violated the ceasefire agreement from day 1 and Hamas still held their fire.  The last time anyone tried to blockade Israel, Israel declared it an act of war.

Then in December, Hamas offered to renew the ceasefire as per the June 2008 agreement, and Israel rejected the offer, preferring to wage a massacre in Gaza.
http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=45350

I don’t need to know you to know you’re a Zionist.  You are regurgitating the standard pro Israeli Zionist propaganda and lies like any Zionist does.  You know nothing about war, which is evidence because you have demonstrated yourself to be ignorant of the most basic facts.

How do you know when an enemy hides with women and children? I know, that’s what Israel said and because there were no journalists allowed in to wreport the incident, there is no wayto prove that Israel were lying.

Why did Israel ban the foreign media from Gaza?  Was is not because the last time they blamed Hams for hiding among civilians, they were exposed as liars?

Amnesty and HRW Claims Discredited in Detailed Report
http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/amnesty_and_hrw_claims_discredited_in_detailed_report

Human Rights Watch: Troubling Report
http://www.nysun.com/opinion/human-rights-watch-troubling-report/46037/

Israeli ‘human shield’ claim is full of holes
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090113/FOREIGN/591536290/1002

You will have women and children as casualties when women and children are targeted. Israeli leaders have admitted that they have always done this.

Report this

By Shingo, April 1, 2009 at 4:16 am Link to this comment

Brooks

Part 2 of 2

“The Israeli army has always struck civilian populations, purposely and consciously. The army has never distinguished civilian from military targets, but has purposely attacked civilian targets.”
Ze’ev Shiff (Israeli journalist and military correspondent for Ha’aretz. )

And as for borders being opened, here is what 2 Israeli scholars wrote about Gaza in the one and only comprehensive scholarly history of Israeli settlements in the occupied territories “Lords of the Land”, by Idith Zertal and Akiva Eldar .

“After Israel withdrew it’s forces from Gaza, in August 2005, the ruined territory was not released for even a single day from Israel’s military grip, or from the price of the occupation that the inhabitants pay every day. Israel left behind scotched earth, devastated services, and people with nearly a present or a future. The Jewish settlements were destroyed in an ungenerous move by an unenlightened occupier, which in fact continues to control the territory and kill and harass it’s inhabitants, by means of it’s formidable military might.”

You see Brooks.  While you vomit your unsupported BS, I have evidence to prove what a fraud and a liar you are.  Israel never intended to allow the borders to be opened. 

>> We didn’t let journalist into Iraq when we first attacked either. It was not to hide war crimes. It was to protect the journalists.

Rubbish.  Embedded journaists were allowed in to Iraq from day 1 and foreign journalists were free to enter becasue the US did not control Iraq’s borders.

Israel’s supreme court ruled that the journalists were to be allowed to enter, but Israel’s criminal military ignored it, like they do with any laws.  In Lebanon, there were very few journalists attacked.  What Israel wanted to avoid was a PR disaster like the one they suffered in Lebanon, where the real time reporting exposed Israel’s crimes and targeting of civilians.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 3:43 am Link to this comment

We didn’t let journalist into Iraq when we first attacked either. It was not to hide war crimes. It was to protect the journalists. It does not matter that a journalist wants to go. Israel had a duty to stop them from going. Those journalists could have sneaked in somewhere if they wanted. They did not. All countries hold journalists back until it will be safe, or safer. There is nothing new there.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, April 1, 2009 at 3:32 am Link to this comment

Shingo - You obviously feel Hamas did nothing wrong. Hamas launched rockets the whole time. Why did Israel go in? From the Palestinian side it is always unprovoked. Heh. You know that is BS. Zionist. You call me Zionist, do you know me. Have I stated anything…anything that would put me in that category? Sorry I am not. I do understand war. I know when an enemy hides with women and children. You will have women and children as casualties. Stop the excuses for Hamas any other bunch of terrorists. They hide with the women for propaganda. Hamas never cared for its population. They are using the civilians as an excuse to fight. If all the money spent on weapons in Palestine was spent on food, clothing, housing, water supply, power. We would have nothing to talk about. Borders would be open to a peaceful Palestine. Palestinians let quite a lot of bad apples dictate their future. Palestinians should give Hamas and any other group that promotes terrorism the boot. Other wise we will always be here.

AS far as those soldiers. Wait for facts, instead of jumping to conclusions. Probably a few soldiers crossed the line. All wars have that. When are you going to tally for Hamas? Really waiting on every whimper or word from either side to pounce on Israel does not make you objective. It makes you pro Hamas propaganda tool. Not smart, thoughtful or caring.

Report this

By Shingo, March 31, 2009 at 10:24 pm Link to this comment

Brooks,

You exemplify the Zionist moonbat mindset.  did you not get the memo that IDF soldiers had come forward and admitted to receiving orders to carry out war crimes? 

Unfortunately we have no way of verifying if Hamas fired from schools becasue your beloved Israli military banned foreign journalists from entering Gaza , even though Isrel’s supreme court declared teh jouranalists shoud eballoed to enter.

It wasn’t Hamas that stopped the journalists from entering, so who do you think had something to hide?

Your post is just rambling nonesense because you have no logical argumetn to make.

Israel slaughtered over a thousand people, most of them woemn and chilren .  Is that not enough?

Yuo are not interested in the truth.  You just can’t stand to watch your beloved Isreel being exposed as a terrorist state.

Hamas launched Zero rockts during teh ceasfire,  ISrael broke the ceasefire ion November.

Hamas tried to haev the ceasefire extended in Decemeber Israel said no.

before November 4, there were no rockets being fired into Israel.

Israel loves war and bloodshed.  It is a rogue terrorist state and everyone knows it, even you.

Report this
Brooks's avatar

By Brooks, March 31, 2009 at 8:05 pm Link to this comment

So is “Truth Dig” stand for hate Israel? You know it is funny how people look at news. Your blinders must be pretty big. I suppose that Hamas firing from schools never happened. Hamas hiding in with families never happened either. Of course you believe propaganda from the ultimate propaganda machine. Hamas"These people were not soldiers, Oh never mind those guns” “Yes this is just a wedding or a daycare or a pre- school” Hmmm. Think much? How about this huge slaughter that took how many days? Israel says, Hamas says…. who can you believe. 7 days in a city with 1.2+ million people and less than a thousand civilians killed. If Israel wanted that number could have easily hit 500k. Where is your outrage for Hamas? Hamas brought this on their population they were elected to protect. Really…where is the truth here? Dig deep boys….your not talking truth yet. Hamas owns the blood. They launched the rockets. They refused to stop. They invited the IDF into Gaza for a tea party. Hamas drew the blood on those families. No Excuses. If they are firing rockets there would have been no battle. If they stopped by day 3, 4,... NO BLOOD. How many days did they fire before the IDF crossed the border? Palestinians, Hamas and Iran owe those families an apology. The Blood is ALL theirs.

Remember to Dig for the Truth.

Report this
Ed Harges's avatar

By Ed Harges, March 31, 2009 at 1:12 pm Link to this comment

Of course, it’s easier to do this if, before you begin your deliberate mass slaughter, you make sure no journalists are allowed in.

Report this

By nimblehuman, March 31, 2009 at 1:01 pm Link to this comment

Why is this not a surprise at all?

No Israeli court will EVER convict an Israeli of crimes against Palestinians, no matter how heinous and unjustified the crime.  It’s all part of the overall program of ethnic cleansing Palestine of its Arab inhabitants.

Truly disgusting.

Report this

By MikeL, March 31, 2009 at 8:50 am Link to this comment
(Unregistered commenter)

I have never figured out whether The US learned Decite from Israel or the other way around. Has Anybody followed any of the cases of Murder of Foreiners investigated by Our Own Army? Guess what, We too are never found Guilty. It was always the victim even if it was just a few Days Old. We Still can’t even get a straight Answer on the Killing of the Arizona Cardinal Football Star and He was one of Our Own. The Israeli Government is every bit as evil as was the German Government of a different Era. New Folks, same Evil.

Report this
thebeerdoctor's avatar

By thebeerdoctor, March 31, 2009 at 5:17 am Link to this comment

As Fadel and many others read this stuff, they must by necessity look around and say: why bother?
“The killers still run the country and they count their money with their blood stained hands.”

Report this
thebeerdoctor's avatar

By thebeerdoctor, March 31, 2009 at 5:16 am Link to this comment

As Fadel and many others read this stuff, they must by necessity look around a say: why bother?
“The killers still run the country and they count their money with their blood stained hands.”

Report this
amunaor's avatar

By amunaor, March 30, 2009 at 9:40 pm Link to this comment

On the one hand we have a ‘Holocaust Denier’ serving time in the dungeon, but on the other, the casual shooting of Palestinian women and children, were deemed to be “based on hearsay and not supported by facts.”

Mockery is an understatement!

The guilt from such undigested bile will only eat away the stomach lining of its host!

Peace, Best Wishes and Hope

Report this
photoshock's avatar

By photoshock, March 30, 2009 at 4:59 pm Link to this comment

In the words of the Tar Baby, ‘Gotcha!’ When the Tar Baby gets you, you cannot ever get rid of it.
The idea that the Israel Defense Force exonerated itself from any ‘war crimes’ and gross violations of the Geneva Conventions against War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity, is a gross miscarriage of justice.
Someday these actions of the IDF will come back to haunt the Israeli Government. The Israeli people deserve better than the hawkish government that is firmly ensconced in power right now. We always get the government that we vote in and that we deserve.
We, the people of the world, do not have to excuse
or give power to any government that violates international norms, and the Israeli government has done just that and more to the people of the Palestine for over 60 years. It is high time that the
horror of war, inflicted upon the Palestinians stop and the perpetrators of the war crimes be brought to justice in the International Criminal Courts.
If the ICC will not bring charges against the leaders
of Israel and the US for the policies that they have had and continue to have, then truly there is no justice in the world. And because of this stance, the
Palestinians will win and more than this will be a world power because of the gross miscarriages of justice perpetrated upon them by the governments of the world.

Report this

By dr wu, March 30, 2009 at 3:27 pm Link to this comment

Yesterday’s victims;today’s executioners.

Report this

By theScale, March 30, 2009 at 3:19 pm Link to this comment

Absolute joke, really. What else can be said of this?

Report this

By Fadel Abdallah, March 30, 2009 at 3:06 pm Link to this comment

What a mockery! A case of the criminal acting as the the prosecutor, judge and the jury, all wrapped in one! It can only happen in Zionist-Fascist Israel!

Report this
Newsletter

sign up to get updates


 
 
Right 1, Site wide - BlogAds Premium
 
Right 2, Site wide - Blogads
 
Join the Liberal Blog Advertising Network
 
 
 
Right Skyscraper, Site Wide
 
Join the Liberal Blog Advertising Network
 

A Progressive Journal of News and Opinion   Publisher, Zuade Kaufman   Editor, Robert Scheer
© 2014 Truthdig, LLC. All rights reserved.