Foul play may have caused a fire Monday night or Tuesday morning in a dormitory building in Uganda that killed 19 girls and two adults. The doors to the dorm were reportedly locked from the outside.
The New York Times:
“We suspect that bad people are responsible for the fire,” [school worker James] Kiiza said. “We cannot say it was due to electricity short circuit. And the door was locked from outside, which shows that someone could have first locked the door before setting the fire.”
Kiiza said there were few people around because workers have been on strike for more than a month because they have not been paid, a common occurrence in Uganda.